Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Temp My Tummy Tuesday

7 Layer Taco Dip
INGREDIENTS

1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
1 large tomato, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 bunch chopped green onions
1 small head iceberg lettuce, shredded
1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese


DIRECTIONS
In a medium bowl, blend the taco seasoning mix and refried beans. Spread the mixture onto a large serving platter.
Mix the sour cream and cream cheese in a medium bowl. Spread over the refried beans.
Top the layers with salsa. Place a layer of tomato, green bell pepper, green onions and lettuce over the salsa, and top with Cheddar / Jack cheese. Garnish with black olives and diced Jalapenos as desired.


Check out Lisa at Blessed with Grace, for more Temp my Tummy Tuesday!


REMINDER: Fireproof is out on DVD TODAY! Go and get it!

11 comments:

fraizerbaz said...

Wow, that looks so yummy! I love Mexican food!

Brenda said...

I love that dip!

Sherry said...

Wowsa! This sounds amazing!!

Ranch Girl said...

Oh, that looks yummy!

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

This is one of my favorite dips. It's so easy to make and everyone loves it. Thanks for the reminder!

~LL~ said...

Jamey.....the did looks good (though I have a serious EWWWW factor with olives AND sour cream :p)

As far as the ricotta in the lemon cookies......my hubby and I don't like that type of cheese either. You absolutely CANNOT taste it in these cookies. They make the cookies very tender and cake-like. They are wonderful.

Life with Kaishon said...

This is my most favorite dip in the whole wide world : ). I didn't get to see Fireproof when it was in the movies so I can't wait to see it on DVD.

Live.Love.Eat said...

I make something similar; can't go wrong with all this good stuff!!!

Fireproof was great!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I love this layered dip.

Maricris said...

All I can say YUM!

Brooks said...

yummy. Now I am hungry, 2 hours before lunch time!

Watched FireProof last night! Loved it!