Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pumpkin Time


Getting ready for the annual pumpkin patch Field trip. I hope to have lots of pictures to share, as long as 1. I remember my camera (infamous for forgetting it!) and 2. I remember batteries for the camera! Leaving things up to my memory not a good idea.

Then there is the price of the pumpkin patch, I had to pay $6.50 for my child to get a pumpkin! We went to this place about 3 years ago and came away spending $25 for 3 small pumpkins! so we never went back. They wanted to charge you for anything fun, the petting zoo & maze cost money. I understand for the kids but they make the parents pay too and the kids can't go unless the parents go in with them! I understand supporting the local pumpkin patch but there are 3 other patches that are way cheaper and just as fun. All I know is I will be enjoying these pumpkin seeds, I love them. I find it hard to share them cause it seems the day after Halloween there isn't a pumpkin to be found. So I only get one batch a year, I can hardly wait!

2 comments:

The Mom Jen said...

LOL, I sent hubby with My Boy yesterday.We tried that patch last year and were totally disappointed when we were used to Uesugi's!! My Boy got a HUGE pumpkin though!

Breanne said...

Oh - have fun!! I wish we had one around us.