Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back to the Future

Ok so I was sooooo excited to get the new “New kids on the block” album which came out yesterday. I rushed over to target and got my extended version with DVD extras. So I put it in, like the beats, but I have to say I am disappointed. I am sure it is because I have a totally different style of music I listen to now. This is my first non- Christian (secular) music I have bought in a long time. But it isn’t only that, Allot of the songs have to do with sex and finding a guy/ girl, just not relating to that scene anymore. I can’t even listen to it with my kids in the car. I knew it wouldn’t be the same kind of stuff they did as teens, I know we all grew up but, I think it is too much. I am not saying I hate it; But It isn’t my taste anymore. I will just keep on listening to my “New Kids’ “greatest hits!


Speaking of blast from the pasts and disappointment…

Then I settle in and turn on the new ”90210” . I was again excited, because I LOVED that show. (I was an extra in one of the shows, I have it on DVD!). I knew again, It won’t be the same, but it should be interesting…. 10 min into the show, you see a guy in a car making a weird face then they pull out and a girl pops up from his lap!!! Are you kidding me? This is going on before school in the parking lot? This show is on at 8pm! I was shocked and so disappointed. I watched it for another 10 min and then just shut it off. Needless to say I won’t be watching that waste of time again! Things are different than when I went to school.

Well I think trying to go back and regain what was popular back in the day isn’t such a great Idea if you change everything about it. You just can’t go back to the way it used to be and expect it to be a huge hit like before. They just ruined it for this fan.

3 comments:

Merrie said...

That's often the problem with re-makes, isn't it? Not what you expected and disappointing. I, too, liked 90210 when it was on, and back then it was even shocking sometimes. But these days, shock has to go a lot further, which is depressing. Glad you checked it out for me -- we don't get the CW.

As for NKOTB...are you kidding me? LOL Ah, the old days of "Please don't go girl."

The Mom Jen said...

Bummer about the New Kids...i'll stick to the Jonas boys ;)

Ugh, i'm so glad I missed the new 90210...I swear there is enough issues going on with our young children today why perpetuate it with that crap...in high school, i swear i'm getting a bubble for my kids!

Cinnamon said...

I have not heard the new kids, new album yet. I do have one of thier new songs as my ringtone but that's the only one I've heard so far.

I'm more into Christian music now, so I'm guessing I don't need to go buy the album.